SUMMER 2020 TOUR INFO
Only 50 miles east of Manhattan, Blue Island Oyster Farm offers a tour full of adventure and fun on the beautiful Great South Bay. The setting is beautiful and serene with gorgeous views of the Fire Island Lighthouse. There is no other place quite like it, anywhere: warm sunshine, fresh air and breathtaking views.
Our tour includes the following and lasts approximately 3 hours
- A traditional New England lobster roll picnic lunch with dessert.
- Enjoy lots of farm fresh Blue Island oysters.
- Guided kayak eco-tour around our oyster farm, the surrounding back meadows and wilderness.
- Provide your own beverages and our friendly staff will be sure to keep your glasses full.
- Learning the history, biology & geography of oysters, as well as the tools and tactics of oyster farming and how our “Island Dock” and Oyster Farm works.
Public Tours run on select Saturday mornings weather permitting.
Private Tours are available on additional days and times. Inquire for availability.
Reservations are required.
*** There is a maximum amount of guests per tour, so book early to ensure your space. ***
Tour Meeting Location
Your tour will start with a short boat ride that departs from the Captree Boat Basin, located at 3500 E. Ocean Parkway Babylon, NY 11702.
Public Tours | $100 per person, plus sales tax and Eventbrite fees when applicable. Gratuity is not included but greatly appreciated.
Private Tours | A minimum of $1000.00, for up to 10 guests, and $100.00 each additional person up to 16 guests total. Plus an additional $12 per guest gratuity, sales tax, and any Eventbrite fees when applicable.
Parking Fee | New York State charges a cash only $8.00 fee per vehicle to park.
We recommend bringing the following
- Waterproof Camera
- Bathing Suit
- Water Shoes
- If you are paying with a gift certificate, please see the gift certificate for any specifications.
- All guests must be 12 years or older.
TO RESERVE YOUR SPACE
Call | 631.750.5986
Email | Events@BlueIslandOysters.com